Skip to main content Skip to home page

The Baptist Meeting House was originally a two-story, one-room structure with a partial second floor level. During the building’s second phase, ca. 1710, a bay was added to the depth of the frame on the first floor and covered with a saltbox-style roof. In the building’s third phase, which took place in the mid-eighteenth century, the building became two full stories with a gable roof.

When NRF bought the building in 1974, it was intended for the building to be restored to the early meetinghouse configuration and moved to the burying ground near Edward Street. The location was not feasible, and the building was reassembled on Dennison Street. Restoration took place in 1975 and restored the building to its mid-eighteenth century configuration.

Back to top