NRF promotes and invests in the architectural heritage of the Newport community, the traditional building trades, and Doris Duke’s fine and decorative arts collections, for the enjoyment, education and inspiration of all.
As a leader in the preservation of early American architecture, NRF supports research and education in areas directly related to its collections and issues of critical concern to the field of historic preservation.
Tour Doris Duke’s art-filled mansion and enjoy panoramic ocean views from the extensive grounds, designed by Frederick Law Olmsted. Open late March to November.
Experience the only museum in the world specializing in 18th-century Newport furniture and related decorative arts. Open late May to October.
Explore 40 acres of open space, a tribute to the agrarian heritage of Aquidneck Island. The site is open daily from dawn to dusk for public enjoyment.
Newport Restoration Foundation holds one of the largest collections of period architecture owned by a single organization anywhere in the United States.
Celebrate excellence in historic preservation efforts within the City of Newport, Rhode Island.
Live amidst history by renting one of our many historic properties.
Help us to continue a lived-in legacy by becoming a Restoration Partner today.
– Newport County Residents are Free with ID and ticket.
Join us for our 3rd annual Spooky Roam Around Rough Point! Experience the museum after the sun goes down and the lights are low. Discover strange and eerie objects, go on a Treasure Hunt, and hear recordings of ghost stories told by the staff who knew Rough Point at its spookiest. Gardens will also be open for an illuminated jack-o-lantern stroll. Costumes encouraged. Registration is required.
Tickets are valid only during the date and duration of time indicated on the ticket. Tickets are valid for one hour from the start time. To ensure comfortable social distancing, entry into the museum is staggered.
$20 for adults, $10 for students, Kids 12 under and Newport County residents are free!
Terms & Conditions (subject to change):
By purchasing a ticket, you have agreed to abide by the following guidelines:
• Cloth face masks must be worn while inside NRF museums and outside on the Rough Point grounds when social distancing is not possible. Those with medical exemptions, please speak with a staff member.
• Observe social distancing (at least 6 feet between individual groups and from staff)
• Visitors who are ill and/or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should not come to Rough Point. If visitors exhibit these symptoms, we will not permit you onto our grounds (or in our museums).
• Visitors should not come to Rough Point if in the past 14 days they have: been exposed to someone with COVID-19, travelled outside the United States, travelled to Rhode Island from a city, town, county, or state that currently has a stay-at-home or a similar restriction in place due to a COVID-19 outbreak; and/or been directed to quarantine or isolate by the Rhode Island Department of Health or a healthcare provider.
By purchasing this ticket, you attest that you will adhere to all of the above stated requirements and that you are not ill and have not been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If you are unwilling or unable to abide by these guidelines, your ticket will be invalidated and you will not be permitted entry.
Thank you for your support. We look forward to welcoming you safely onsite at Rough point Museum.